Sunday, July 26, 2009

Got Poison Ivy

Rebecca, you've inspired me. All this tweeting and such (follow me at www.twitter.com/brianhorne8) has got me thinking I want to type a bit more. So here I am.

Important things to say? No. Interesting things to say? Probably not. Will anyone read it anyway? I doubt it.

Playing soccer a lot more now. Co-ed soccer is the most frustrating thing you can possibly do in your entire life. Seriously. It's like I cut one of my legs off and have to run around the field with the hope that I get a lucky bounce or something and the ball goes into the goal. It's like getting in a manual car and driving in first gear the entire time. It's like someone put peanut butter all over the field and people just can't move...at all. Try it. You'll probably end up sashaying down the field, then look over and see your mom in the stands watching and for once won't be embarassed, because you'll feel so bad that she's wasting a lovely evening by watching some middle-aged adults and her son play the most anemic brand of soccer known to man. It's that bad. Don't do it.

I'm also playing some tennis with middle/late-aged men on Monday nights. I guess when you get out of your teens and into your early/mid-twenties (man, that's weird to say), you are relegated to playing sports with people much older than you. I've been on a steady sporting decline since I turned nineteen...

I also got doggone poison ivy (thanks Mom!) by doing yardwork. Apparently our azalea bushes are infested with the stuff, and my arm is showing it. About four nights ago I got no sleep due to incessant itching.

I guess after writing all of this, the main conclusion I can come to is this:

If you are twenty-two years or older, just stay inside your house. There is nothing out there for you.

1 comment:

The Taffs said...

Glad to see I've inspired someone...that could be a first! : )

We're excited to see the soccer game tonight!...I may write a blog about it! : )