Thursday, July 30, 2009

Got a Rain Jacket

I'll start with all the sporting news I have. Though I was suspended, my soccer team, Dances with Wolves managed to pull out a win against the only team that has ever beaten us. We won 7-4, and now face a showdown next Wednesday with the only other undefeated team. Ladies and gentlemen, this one is for all the marbles (sort of).

Also, the other soccer team I play on pulled out a win on Tuesday night, 2-1. I don't want to toot my own horn, but I did score both goals for our team. That's all I'll say about that, because I couldn't have scored without the rest of the team actually putting in a good effort (finally). I think having one sub actually made us play smarter for once. Thank goodness.

So I bought a very expensive rain jacket last night. I would, under most circumstances, never, ever buy a rain jacket that costs $80 (on sale), but such is the case that I find myself oft stranded in downtown Chicago during torrential downpours, along with a good rain jacket's abilty to stay waterproof and flex its muscle as an outer shell, I caved and bought one. I'm pretty pumped, though it's the exact same rain jacket I owned two years ago, except a reddish color.

Why do I need another jacket if I already had one? Someone decided i was a great idea to steal my precious jacket (which I bought at full price the first time) from my tailgate site at an Auburn game two seasons ago. Hope you are enjoying the jacket as much as I did.

I got the jacket at Moosejaw (a great site for any outdoors type stuff), and they run a rewards program that gives you one hundred points for every $10 that you spend. I've amassed over 2,500 points, which means I can get some free stuff now. I face a dilemma. It is one for the ages, mind you, and not something that should be taken lightly. If I choose the wrong jacket, the result could be something akin to what some people thought would happen when they fired up the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland.

Of these three jackets, which should I get? Or should I get one at all? All three are the same hoody-like material, so it's not a matter of comfort. Here are the nominees:
1. This lovely number is a peacoat-style jacket that has a hood attached to it. I really think it looks pretty cool, and when I wear a peacoat, I usually put a hood on underneath anyway, so that's essentially a moot point.

Color: Navy Blue
Price: 2,499 points

2. Jacket number two is similar to the first one, sans hood. It's got four pockets on the front (obviously), which I feel adds a bit of manliness to the jacket, even if it is only a glorified sweatshirt. I like this one too. Oh, decisions.

Color: Black
Price: 2,499 points

3. The last one is called the McLovin jacket. Hm. No pockets aside from the standard two on the front. I'm a bit worried that the collar won't fold down, because I just can't wear it like the picture to the left. I just can't. If it does, however, it makes a compelling argument to be bought.

Color: Navy Blue
Price: 1,999 points

And that's the jacket roundup. Which one to buy?

1 comment:

The Taffs said...

Wesley and I both vote option 1.