I'll go on record and say this:
Yes. I should have been red carded.
Jumping over the wall to attempt to fight your opponent isn't usually the best course of action at an adult league soccer game, but when said opponent continues to curse at you and make inflammatory remarks, you have to do what you have to do. I was very close to walking away, but the last turn I made when I looked into his eyes just tipped me over the edge. Fortunately, no one punched anyone, and both teams continued playing the second half. Dances with Wolves prevailed 5-1, and I am suspended for the next game of the season.
Fun fact of the night:
We have a rematch with this team on the last day of the season. Broken legs anyone?

1 comment:
We enjoyed the game and will definitely be at the rematch! : )
Post a Comment