I was awoken this morning with a call by a fellow named Brian, the indoor soccer director at the Montgomery YMCA. My team, Dances with Wolves, is quite controversial as it stands, with myself getting red carded and the like. The first words out of Brian's mouth were "I've got to talk to you about your team."
I knew it couldn't be good.
Well, long story short, our jerseys, which have a "sponsor" logo on the back are to no longer be worn. Our "sponsor," Rolex, has deemed it fit to issue us a cease and desist order. On top of that, we can't just stop wearing the shirt...we have to destroy any and all existing shirts, players and fans. I have a gut feeling this letter isn't real, and I can't find any contact information to get ahold of Rolex's legal team. I'll get a copy of the letter tomorrow night when we take on Chocolate Babies, a game which will determine the sole possessor of first place. Perhaps it was the guy who I tried to go after last game. Hm.

Behold, the shirt design heard 'round the world.
Should be interesting. We've got some ideas on how to tackle this issue. I figured it would never become an issue, as it's not really defamation in any way, and it's basically free advertisement.

No comments:
Post a Comment